Manikjore Seva Sangha (MSS) is a non-profit non-government social service society. It was founded in 1966 with the collective effort of a few local enthusiasts with a view to bringing about quality development in the life of the under-privileged section of the society. It gives priority to women empowerment through economic self-reliance, promotion of education and culture among the children and the youth and building up community health and hygiene.
The organization dreams of a tension free healthy society based on social justice and equality, balanced economic growth and better employment opportunity and standard health and Hygiene. The head office is situated at Manikjore, Purba Medinipur. Since its inception it has been working hard for sustainable development for Men, Women & Child at all round. We have long experience since inception about sanitation and Public health including safe drinking water facilities; we have also experiences to develop child friendly sanitary facilities at school for school children, menstrual hygiene and hygienic practices among the school children, Child education, gender violence, women empowerment and Environment.
Since its inception MSS has been working on five major fields, such as, women empowerment, community health and nutrition, child education and protection, sports and culture, and environment.
MSS visualizes the following indicators to ensure the sustainable development of the community of its operational area:
1. Economic self-reliance of the underprivileged section of the society.
2. Restoration of women’s dignity by way of developing their potentialities.
3. Easy access to safe drinking water and sanitary facilities for all.
4. Growth of health consciousness and advanced healthcare.
5. Availability of quality education for all children and ensuring zero drop-out.
6. Prevention of environment pollution and environment plunder.
7. Expansion of sports and culture among the masses.
8. Improvement of the socio-cultural status of the area.
- To organize the misery ridden poor villagers, especially the women and make them aware of their rights of quality living.
- To make the poor men and women fit for respectable jobs and various income generating activities by offering proper training to them.
- To ensure sustainable development in the fields of health, education, culture and rural economy.
- To enable the rural people in keeping pace with the progress of modern civilization.
- Registered under West Bengal Societies Act XXVI of 1961 bearing registration number S/27559 of 1979-80 dated 06-03-1980.
- Empanelled & Registration: – Niti Ayog Portal Id – WB/2016/0097134.
- PAN Number: AAAAM4417A.
- 12A Number: 8E/3/99-2000_Dated -22.09.2000.
- 80G Number: F. No: _CIT, KOL/XVIII/80G/217/10-11/500 Dated 26.08.2010
- FCRA Registration no.: 147040046; Valid up to : 18/11/2021.
- Guidestar India: 8945 (GSN)
The work of MSS is mainly spread over West Bengal. Basically we are focussing on 07 (seven) Blocks of Purba Medinipur, namely Bhagwanpur I and Bhagwanpur II, Patashpur II, Moyna, Kolaghat, Matangini and Contai III. Of course, there is a constant demand from the adjacent Blocks for extending our hands to them as well. Gradually we wish to enlarge our services to other districts of West Bengal also.